Why choose an OISC registered immigration firm?
Choosing an OISC (Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner) advisor is an important decision, as they will be helping you with your immigration matter. Here are some things to consider when choosing an OISC advisor:
- Accreditation: The OISC regulates and accredits immigration advisors in the UK. It is illegal to give immigration advice unless you are registered with the OISC, Bar Council, SRA or similar.
- Specialization: Some advisors specialize in certain areas of immigration law, such as family immigration, asylum, or business immigration. Choose an advisor whose expertise matches your needs. At Hurlingham Law you will be provided a specialist who has years of experience in your type of application.
- Reputation: Look for reviews and testimonials from previous clients. Hurlingham Law has 5 star review on Google. You can also check if the advisor is a member of a professional organization.
- Fees: Ask for the advisor’s fees and how they charge. Some advisors charge by the hour, while others charge a fixed fee. Compare the fees of different advisors and make sure you understand what is included in the fee. Some firms, like Hurlingham Law, offer a fixed fee for services. Furthermore, Hurlingham Law offer a split fee system whereby half is charged on instruction and the remainder only once approved.
- Communication: Choose an advisor who communicates clearly and promptly. You should feel comfortable asking questions and discussing your case with them.
- Location: Consider the location of the advisor’s office. If you need to meet in person, choose an advisor who is located conveniently for you. At Hurlingham Law, we pride ourselves with our communication at offer Zoom calls, Google meet, WhatsApp in addition to more traditional methods of communication.
- Trust: Ultimately, you should choose an advisor whom you trust to represent your interests and provide you with the best advice for your situation. Hurlingham Law is often referred work from previously approved clients.
- Safe and secure: Choose an advisor who keeps your documents secure and safe. Hurlingham Law uses industry recognised software management systems. Unless otherwise stated, your documents (as per OISC rules) are retained for 6 years.
- Insured: Does the firm have professional indemnity?
- Free assessment: Does the firm offer a free consultation to ascertain whether there is a good case or not? Hurlingham Law offers a FREE online consultation to assess a case before instructing a client. This is for your peace of mind.