Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) in the UK – a General overview
Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) is a status granted to foreign nationals who have been living in the UK for a certain period and have met the eligibility requirements. ILR allows individuals to stay in the UK without any time restrictions and provides a pathway to British citizenship.
At Hurlingham Law, we understand the importance of obtaining ILR and the benefits it can bring to our clients. Our experienced immigration advisors provide expert guidance on the ILR application process, including eligibility requirements, supporting documents, and any updates to immigration policy that may affect your application.
Eligibility Requirements: To be eligible for ILR, applicants must meet certain requirements, including:
- Having lived in the UK continuously for a specific period (usually 5 years or 10 years long residence)
- Meeting the English language requirements
- Passing the Life in the UK test
- Meeting the character requirements
Our immigration advisors can help you determine your eligibility for ILR and guide you through the application process.
Supporting Documents: Applicants must also provide supporting documents with their ILR application, including:
- Proof of identity
- Proof of continuous residence in the UK
- Evidence of meeting the English language requirements
- Evidence of passing the Life in the UK test
- Absence from the UK proof (if applicable)
Our advisors can assist you in gathering the necessary documents and ensuring that your application is complete and accurate.
Contact Us: If you are interested in applying for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK, contact Hurlingham Law today. Our experienced immigration advisors can provide expert guidance on the application process and help you achieve your immigration goals.