Applying for a Marriage Visit Visa
If you are planning to marry in the UK, you may need to apply for a Marriage Visit Visa. At Hurlingham Law, our experienced immigration advisors can help you navigate the application process and ensure that you meet the eligibility requirements.
Eligibility Requirements: To be eligible for a Marriage Visit Visa, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be over the age of 18
- Have a genuine intention to enter the UK to get married
- Have a genuine intention to leave the UK at the end of the visit
- Meet the financial requirements
- Meet the English language requirements
Our immigration advisors can help you determine your eligibility for a Marriage Visit Visa and guide you through the application process.
To increase the likelihood of a successful Marriage Visit Visa application, it is important to prepare a strong application with supporting documents. Our immigration advisors can assist you in gathering the necessary documents, including:
- Proof of identity and relationship with your UK partner
- Evidence of meeting the financial requirements
- Evidence of meeting the English language requirements
- Any other documents relevant to your application
We can also provide guidance on how to address any issues or concerns that may arise during the application process.
Note: You cannot switch to a spousal visa from within the UK if you are on a marriage visit visa, however, we might be able to assist in the spouse application once you are married from your normal country of residence.
If you are interested in applying for a Marriage Visit Visa, contact Hurlingham Law today. Our experienced immigration advisors can provide expert guidance on the application process and help you achieve your immigration goals.