Personal UK Immigration
If you’re considering immigrating to the UK, there are several immigration options available to personal applicants. Here’s a detailed look at some of the most common options:
1. Skilled Worker Visa: This visa is for individuals who have a job offer from a UK employer and meet certain skill and salary requirements. The visa is valid for up to five years and can lead to settlement in the UK.
2. Innovator Visa: This visa is for experienced entrepreneurs who want to start a business in the UK. Applicants must have at least £50,000 in investment funds and meet other eligibility requirements. The visa is valid for up to three years and can be extended for an additional three years.
3. Student Visa: This visa is for individuals who want to study in the UK at a recognized institution. Applicants must have a confirmed offer of a place on a course and meet other eligibility requirements. The visa is valid for the duration of the course plus a short period after it ends. In some instances, on completion of a course you might qualify for the 2 year graduate scheme.
4. Family Visa: This visa is for individuals who want to join their family members in the UK. The type of visa required will depend on the relationship between the applicant and the family member in the UK.
5. Global Talent Visa: This visa is for individuals who are recognized as leaders or potential leaders in the fields of science, engineering, humanities, medicine, digital technology, or the arts. Applicants must be endorsed by a recognized body and meet other eligibility requirements.
6. Visitor Visa: This visa is for individuals who want to visit the UK for a short period of time for tourism, business, or other reasons. The visa is usually applied for at entry clearance, valid for up to six months and cannot be extended.
It’s important to note that the eligibility requirements for each type of visa can be complex and may vary depending on individual circumstances. Consulting with an experienced immigration advisor can help ensure that you choose the right visa and navigate the application process successfully. Most applications will lead up to settlement / indefinite leave to remain ILR followed by British naturalisation.
At Hurlingham law, we have a team of experienced immigration advisors who can provide guidance and support throughout the immigration process. Contact us today to learn more about our services and how we can help you achieve your immigration goals.